Training camp begins next week for the Lakers following their media day on Tuesday, September 28th. Before the team embarks on their 2021-22 season journey, check on this week’s Lakers news before everything kicks off.
This week in Lakers news:
- LeBron James reportedly will organize a minicamp for the team in Las Vegas. The team did the same thing prior to the 2019-20 season, obviously going on to win it all. They weren’t able to do this last summer due to the shortened offseason and the overall COVID-19 restrictions and rules in place at the time.
- Frank Vogel appears on Spectrum SportsNet’s “Lakeshow” podcast: The Lakers’ head coach gave some interesting quotes to hosts Allie Clifton and Chris Geeter, including his plans to challenge THT defensively this season and the fact that Anthony Davis has looked “imposing” in offseason workouts.
- Wayne Ellington said that he “looked at” signing with the Brooklyn Nets prior to signing with the Lakers.
- Devontae Cacok signs with the Nets after winning a ring with the Lakers as a two-way player.
What we wrote this week:
- On Monday, Walt answered our followers’ questions, including what his dream starting lineup would be.
- On Tuesday, Donny took a look at the case for Talen Horton-Tucker to start at shooting guard after taking a look at Kent Bazemore the prior week.
- On Wednesday, Honi talked about how Anthony Davis’ minutes at center will be crucial to whether or not the team can win a title this season.
- On Thusday, Alex took a look at the three biggest questions that the Lakers face before they head into training camp.