For the second year in a row, Lonzo Ball and Kyle Kuzma will be representing the Los Angeles Lakers for the Rising Stars game sponsored by Mountain Dew. The sophomore players will be representing the United States Team.
The Los Angeles Lakers are no strangers to having their young players as recently they have had a string of selections for the Rising Stars game. They are the 11th and 12th Lakers to take part in the former rookie-sophomore game, and join their teammate: Brandon Ingram, their almost teammate: D’Angelo Russell, and Jordan Farmar as Lakers that participated in the game both their rookie and sophomore years. Other notable Lakers that participated are Andrew Bynum, Kobe Bryant, Derek Fisher, Travis Knight, Eddie Jones, and Nick Van Exel.
Though Lonzo will not be able to play due to his ankle injury, according to Mike Bresnahan, but Kyle Kuzma should be good to go, as his hip injury should be healed by then.
Those joining them for the United States team are:
- Jarrett Allen (Brooklyn Nets)
- John Collins (Atlanta Hawks)
- Jaren Jackson Jr. (Memphis Grizzlies)
- De’Aaron Fox (We do not acknowledge this team although I do love De’Aaron)
- Donovan Mitchell (Utah Jazz)
- Marvin Bagley III (see De’Aaron Fox)
- Jayson Tatum (Future former team of Kyrie Irving)
- Trae Young (Atlanta Hawks)
Congratulations Lonzo and Kyle!
Proud of you guys.